12/20 – 12/27
While sipping on our eggnog this week, we dutifully admired the Morgan Freeman Chain of Command, pondered the acid trip that is The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and nursed a pretty serious Avatar hangover. We also brought you our list of the biggest Disappointments of the Decade, a five-minute sneak peek video of the Nexus One and more Kick Ass footage. Huzzah!
So without further babbling, here’s what you didn’t see in Techland this week:
- Firefox > Internet Explorer? Survey says, yes. According to analytical firm StatCounter, Firefox has surpassed Microsoft’s Internet Explorer in popularity.
- Holiday Hot Spots Traveling? Check out PC World’s Free Wi-Fi Guide for the weary tech trekker.
- Guard your iPhones, Chicago. The Tribune is reporting a steep rise in electronics theft on the CTA’s “L” train. Meanwhile in New York, a stolen Xbox was recovered after its rightful owner spotted the system’s IP address online.
- Car wise Ford announced it will bring Wi-Fi to the road in the U.S., a would-be great advance; expect that Japan has been doing exactly this since 1997.
- The new old iMac: Speakers, Mini Mac and a cup of joe. Gizmodo has it right, this is awesome. And weird. Weirdly awesome.
See you in 2010.
Need more tech news? Click here to follow Techland on Twitter!