Shares of Tesla Motor stock debuted on Tuesday and this morning the electric car company unveiled its fourth generation sports car, the Roadster 2.5. Jeez. I wonder why they chose to unveil a new model this week?
The Roadster 2.5 comes roughly one year after the launch of the Roadster 2.0 and with it are a handful of new features based on customer feedback. Don’t worry; CEO Elon Musk assures us that the Model S is still the main focus of the company but like any startup, Tesla can be as nimble as they need to be.
“These improvements are a direct result of customer feedback and come only a year after release of Roadster 2.0, showing an exceptionally rapid pace of innovation. Where feasible, we will also offer existing customers the ability to purchase the upgrades now available in version 2.5,” said Musk.
So, what are the new features, you ask.
• A new look, which includes a new front fascia with diffusing vents, and rear diffuser reflecting the future of Tesla design
• Directional forged wheels available in both silver and black
• New seats with improved comfort, larger more supportive bolsters and a new lumbar support system
• Power control hardware that enables spirited driving in exceptionally hot climates
• An optional 7” touchscreen display with back-up camera
• Improved interior sound reduction including new front fender liner material make the cabin even quieter