Samsung has finally made its 7-inch Android tablet, the Galaxy Tab, official.
The company’s press release states that the Galaxy Tab “will be launched in Europe in mid September, and in other markets including Korea, the US and Asia in coming months,” though there’s no mention of price yet.
Here’s a look at some of the specs and features.
- Dimensions: 7.5 inches long x 4.75 inches wide x 0.5 inches thick
- Weight: 0.83 pounds
- Screen: 7 inches, 1024×600 resolution, multi-touch TFT
- Operating System: Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n), 3G HSPA, A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0
- Applications: Android Market, Samsung Apps
- Processor: ARM Cortex A8 1GHz with PowerVR SGX540
- Battery: 4,000mAh (up to seven hours of movie playback)
- Cameras: Front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam; rear-facing 3.0-megapixel with autofocus, LED flash, 720×480/30fps video recording
- Video Playback: Up to 1080p; codec support for DivX, XviD, Mpeg-4, H.263, H.264
- Audio Playback: Codec support for MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, AMR-NB/WB, FLAC, WAV, AC3, MIDI, RTTTL/RTX, OTA, i-Melody, SP-MIDI
- Memory: 16GB or 32GB, with expansion via microSD
- Product Website:
Full press release after the jump.