The Elder Scrolls Online will combine the series’ already massive exploration dynamic with the social angle of an MMO. The game will take place a millennium prior to events in Skyrim and strike an apocalyptic Oblivion-esque note, as the daedric prince Molag Bal attempts to suck all of Tamriel — the continent on which the series takes place — into his demonic realm.
More Photography from Time
- Macintosh at 30: Apple’s Computer Evolution
- 50 Gadget Gift Ideas for the Holidays
- Sleek and Chic: 15 Luxury Tech Gifts That Wow
- In Pictures: Gadgets Galore at the Consumer Electronics Show
- From the Edge of Space: Felix Baumgartner Prepares for a Death-Defying Dive
- Behind the Cover: Instagram Photos of the Wireless Issue