You may have noticed that the e-mail address displayed on your Facebook profile – if you’ve set your e-mail address to be viewable by others — has recently been changed to a Facebook.com e-mail address. Here’s how to switch back to your old e-mail address.
- Log into Facebook and navigate to your profile.
- Under your square profile photo, click the About link. You can also click the Update Info button to the right of your name, which is next to your square photo.
- Click the Edit button in the Contact Info box (see above image).
- Under “Emails”, click the little circle icon that corresponds to your @Facebook.com e-mail address and set it to “Hidden from Timeline”.
- If you want a different e-mail address to be shown on your profile, click the little circle icon that corresponds to it and choose “Shown on Timeline”.
- Click the blue “Save” button to make the changes stick.
That’s it. You’ve now switched back to your preferred e-mail address or hidden your e-mail info from your Facebook profile.