Bargain-hunting site Dealnews has run some numbers to determine the best times to get the biggest deals on various Apple products. The site identifies the number of days it takes to see the first deal roll in, along with how long to wait until you can expect to see the best deal – the results can be seen in infographic form over at ReadWrite, if you’re more of a visual learner.
Here’s the skinny:
- 15.4-inch Retina MacBook Pro: Wait two days to save $118; nine months to save $350
- 11.6-inch MacBook Air: Wait two months to save $49; seven months to save $199
- iPad: Wait one month to save $59 – that’s the first and best time, apparently
- iPad Mini: Wait three months to save $9; five months to save $29
- iPhone: Wait two days to save $9; three months to save $73
- iPod Touch: Wait one month to save $4; three months to save $50
It should be noted that these deals won’t necessarily come directly from Apple. Dealnews told ReadWrite that some of the best deals to be had come from third-party sellers, and could be on a previous-generation model shortly after a newer model becomes available.