Chrome Store Due ‘Most Likely in October’ with Plenty of Games

  • Share
  • Read Later

Google’s Mark DeLoura took the stage at the Game Developers Conference in Europe and said that the Chrome Web Store will launch this fall, “most likely in October.”

Games look to be plentiful, thanks in part to Google’s aggressive revenue sharing plan. Where most app stores take a 30% cut of purchases, leaving 70% to the developers who build the application, Google is promising to take only a 5% processing fee for each title sold. There will be free and paid apps available as well as free trials and subscription-based games.

Apps and games alike will be programmed in Flash, HTML5/JavaScript, or C++ with an emphasis on an easy installation—they’ll basically open up in a new Chrome browser tab when ready and can be bookmarked for later.


More on Techland:

Google Announces Browser-Based App Store

Chrome OS or Android: Which Is It? Google Tablet in November

Google’s Rumored Music Store and Why It Just Might Work