Welcome, Tuesday, just two days from Turkey day, and here’s what’s happening this morning in the great wild world of tech…
New Xbox Dashboard Coming December 6
Want to play with Microsoft’s new Metro-style inspired-by-Windows-8 interface? You’ll be able to on December 6, if you own an Xbox 360.
Read more: Team Xbox
Facebook Shrinks ‘Six Degrees’ Rule
Forget what you know about Kevin Bacon and those six degrees of separation–according to Facebook and some scientists at the University of Milan, the average number of people separating any two people in the world is actually 4.74.
Read more: New York Times
Is That a Facebook Phone I See?
Word is, Facebook’s finally moving forward on a phone: The company’s reportedly working with Taiwan-based HTC to craft a smartphone with Facebook’s grand-mother-of-all-social-networks built in.
Read more: All Things D
Apple Cleared in Patent Infringement Case
Apple 1, HTC 0: The U.S. International Trade Commission just ruled that Apple’s products don’t infringe on patents held by HTC subsidiary S3 graphics.
Read more: Wall Street Journal
Recently on Techland:
- Tech Buyer’s Guide 2011
- The 25 Most Popular (and Worst) Passwords of 2011
- Is Skyrim’s User Interface Really So Bad?
- Helmet Automatically Cools You Down After Eating Spicy Food
- Netflix Comeback Continues as Company Gets ‘Arrested’
- Universal Music Sues Music Streaming Service for 100,000 Illegal Uploads
- Glitch Muzzles Samsung Galaxy Nexus?