Hacking group Anonymous has apparently claimed credit for knocking the Central Intelligence Agency’s website offline. An update at the YourAnonNews Twitter account reads:
Sure enough, as of 4:16pm ET on Friday, the CIA.gov website isn’t loading. RT.com reports that the site was initially taken down around 3:10pm ET.
The group also recently intercepted a conference call between the FBI and Scotland Yard, which entailed cybercrime investigators discussing Anonymous’ activities.
- Hackers Claim Attack on Alabama Government Websites
- Boston Police Website Hacked; Cops Respond via Sarcastic YouTube Video
- FBI Hacked While Congress Ponders Cybersecurity Legislation
- Hackers Intercept FBI, Scotland Yard Call
- Hackers Attack Large Brazilian Bank
- 10 Sites Skewered by Anonymous, Including FBI, DOJ, U.S. Copyright Office