Can LG finally make some waves in the smartphone market? The company may have a shot with its Optimus G, the first smartphone that has both a quad-core processor and support for 4G LTE networks. (That means we may see it stateside, though nothing’s been announced yet.) Other specs include a 4.7-inch 720p display, 2 GB of RAM and a 13-megapixel camera. It runs Android 4.0, and will go on sale in Korea next month, according to Phone Arena.
Coming Soon: 15 Interesting Phones, Tablets and Hybrids
The summer tech drought is over and gadget makers have come out swinging with Windows 8 laptop-tablet hybrids, Android tablets and high-powered smartphones. Here's the most interesting new gear announced at the IFA 2012 show in Berlin.
LG Optimus G (Android)
- Asus Vivo Tabs (Windows 8 and RT)
- Dell XPS 10 (Windows RT)
- Dell XPS 12 Duo (Windows 8)
- HP Envy X2 (Windows 8)
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 (Windows 8)
- Samsung Tablets (Windows 8 and RT)
- Sony Xperia Tablet S (Android)
- Sony Vaio Duo 11 (Windows 8)
- Toshiba U925t (Windows 8)
- LG Optimus G (Android)
- Samsung Ativ S (Windows Phone 8)
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (Android)