With a 12.5-inch display and full-sized keyboard and trackpad, Toshiba’s U925t is basically a laptop that just happens to retract into a tablet. Inside, there’s an Intel Core i5 processor and a 128 GB solid state drive, and outside there are two USB ports and HDMI output. It comes in at about 3.2 pounds, which is the price you pay for having the whole keyboard/trackpad package tacked on at all times. Look for it in October, with a price over $1,000, according to All Things Digital.
Coming Soon: 15 Interesting Phones, Tablets and Hybrids
The summer tech drought is over and gadget makers have come out swinging with Windows 8 laptop-tablet hybrids, Android tablets and high-powered smartphones. Here's the most interesting new gear announced at the IFA 2012 show in Berlin.
Toshiba U925t (Windows 8)
- Asus Vivo Tabs (Windows 8 and RT)
- Dell XPS 10 (Windows RT)
- Dell XPS 12 Duo (Windows 8)
- HP Envy X2 (Windows 8)
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 (Windows 8)
- Samsung Tablets (Windows 8 and RT)
- Sony Xperia Tablet S (Android)
- Sony Vaio Duo 11 (Windows 8)
- Toshiba U925t (Windows 8)
- LG Optimus G (Android)
- Samsung Ativ S (Windows Phone 8)
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (Android)